Friday, April 30, 2010

He is first!

You know what I love? When God speaks to you through a thought, a scripture, or just a simple word. Especially when you are not expecting it. Well, I was thinking about a dream I had last night, when this scripture came through.

Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

There were some things that had crept into my mind lately and as I thought about this scripture, I began to realize He was speaking a promise to me. I had been focusing on Him alot lately and just within these last few days, my mind has started to become distracted. There are times when we start to take our focus off Him and our mind starts racing with all sorts of things. Then we start to think of ways we can go about getting what we desire on our own. No, no, no, no , no.... How many mistakes have been made when I tried to do things on my own? I really don't want to think about that!

Thank God, He reminded me in a peaceful way. Thank you Jesus. My prayer is that You continue to guide me, shape me, mold me and get me where You want me to be. Not because of anything I may want, but because I love you and You love me. 

I say thank you to those who read these posts. I am very thankful for what God has placed within me and I am thankful that He chose me to do His work. It's not an easy road and He never said it would be. But I am still ever so thankful.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment