Friday, April 2, 2010

Once was blind.....but now I see

"He totally blocks our sense of direction and
sometimes cuts off our supply so we will depend totally upon him to work our
own ability out of us."


Part of a devotional I was reading, and boy can I identify with this! It's really something to not know where you are going. I used to be afraid of that. There are times I still get a little nervous and anxious for direction.

Philippians 4:6  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

 The closer I get to God, the less afraid I am. There are different seasons we go through and apparently my season right now is learning how to totally depend upon God. See I told God sometime ago that I wanted to completely surrender myself to Him. I wasn't sure how to do it. But in this season, I am learning. I am leaning on God and trusting that where ever He leads me, I know it will be some where great.

After I told God about wanting to completely surrender to Him, I had a dream. It was about a bridge. It was an awesomely huge bridge. I was standing in front of it looking at it in total awe. The thing is, we all know bridges connect one to another, and they go across. In my dream, my bridge went straight up to the sky! I could only smile and I smile now as I think about it. He is answering my prayer. We are connecting. I am surrendering and know He is proud of that. Eventually, He will show me in which direction I will need to go and what I will need to do. Until then, I will continue to draw closer to Him and wait patiently as He is preparing me for my next season.

Psalm 27:14 "Wait on the LORD;Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment