Monday, April 26, 2010

Mighty, mighty, move.....

Deuteronomy 3:24 "O Sovereign LORD, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do?

What can I say? God is awesome! This weekend was......I don't even know the correct words to say. It didn't start off great at all. Some issues going on with my 14yr old that really disappointed me. But through this weekend, God opened my eyes to somethings and at the end of this weekend, the joy I felt in the Lord surpassed anything I could comprehend! The above scripture seems so perfect for this. 

The situation with my son is not over, however, I am at peace anyway. I was baptized on Saturday as a re-dedication to my Lord and the blessings (nothing material) have just been pouring in. God knows how serious I am. Raising two boys alone is not an easy task. Especially when they hit those teenage years. This year has not been the greatest for my 14yr old. I have constantly been on him to show responsibility, improve his grades, and just over all to grow up. I feel he's no longer really a kid that should lack responsibility. He's growing into a man, start getting it together. 

I have been spending more time with my family lately and that is a blessing within itself. We had been apart for a specific reason, but God has moved us back closer to each other. My sons usually go over their dad's on the weekend. Well, I had mentioned a birthday party for my cousin (he turned 10 yrs old) to my ex and told him I would tell him the details yesterday. Well, Sat I called to have him drop the boys off and he told me since I hadn't got back to him with information ( I was only going to tell him the time) and he asked my son (my son told him the party was cancelled...so he said...I don't know that for a fact and I didn't ask). Whatever the case, he and the boys were giving me a hard time about coming. I started to get upset, then God turned it around. I dropped the issue. My ex ended up dropping them off at my cousin's house. We had a great time. My aunt is going through some issues and we all surrounded her, laid hands on her , and prayed over her. To my astonishment, my 14 yrs said a beautiful prayer over my aunt. It came from the heart. He made me cry. I walked over to him afteward, wrapped my arms around him, hugged him, kissed him, and told him I loved him and was very proud of what he just did. "CLICK" 
Things changed in that moment. Both the boys wanted to stay longer and when i finally dropped them back with their dad, my 14 yr old asked to come over my cousin's house again the next day. God opened my eyes in that second. He made me realize that I had been hard on my son this year and oh, by the way, when was the last time I had something positive to say to my son?  It takes but a second sometimes, when you are more in tune with God. We spent more time with family the next day. Last night, my oldest son usually just says goodnight, love you, and off to bed he goes. This time he said those things but came over, hugged me and kissed me as well.
The overwhelming joy I felt because of my baptisim, of what God revealed to me about me, and the time spent with my family......was awesome.
(By the way, Sat night I went home and listened to gospel music. I ended up staying up till 3 am and was dancing around and laughing because of the joy the Lord gave me....Thank God there was no one there but me...I felt awful silly at the time!)
God is so good and I just want to hold onto this feeling forever! Awesome, awesome, awesome!

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Amen.
    I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well.

    ReplyDelete