Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Choices.....

Philippians 2:3-11 "3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in very nature[a] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7but made himself nothing, taking the very nature[b] of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself
and became obedient to death— even death on a cross! 9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

I read this scripture as part of my devotional. It definitaley touched me. Especially v3-v4. What came to mind was a statement I heard someone say......'you do for me, I do for you' .
So that's their concept. That's their motto they go by. And that really sucks! But what else would I expect coming from a selfish person. Whatever happened to people doing something for someone because they wanted to? Has this society become so selfish that it figures the only way to be happy is to be selfish? Well, understanding that we are always hearing, look out for you, or it's all about you........
But the main reason alot of people do things for others is to get something out of it for themselves. I admit, there are times when you can be selfish...these times are not at the expense of someone else though. There are times where I find it hard to continue to do for someone 1. who doesn't appreciate what you do or 2.because of what they say, it pushes me not to want to do for them. That's hard to deal with. I want to walk God's way, but Lord some people!!!!

So I have to lean on the ultimate sacrifice Jesus made for me. Unselfish sacrifice......Not many people have that within them. So what are we going to do? Continue to live our lives selfishly? Or are we going to choose to do better and do things for others unselfishly? Our reward is that it was done for the the glory of God. (For some people, that doesn't seem to be enough) I continue to pray that I will keep in my mind to be unselfish even to those who I feel don't deserve it....because guess what.....did we deserve Jesus' unselfish act? Just something to ponder on today....

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment