Monday, April 5, 2010

Just be Patient....

Psalm 37:6-8 "6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. 7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. 8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;do not fret—it leads only to evil."

Boy did I have a long conversation with God this morning! I had a very nice weekend. Spent away from my home. Went to church and felt sooo much love! I love my church. I love the word of God coming from it. I love that I am there because of me and my wanting to get closer to God. He had a hand in it. This I know for sure.

Back to my weekend. Once I got home, the enemy just stormed my brain. It was awful. All I kept thinking about was what I didn't have. No new clothes, house in such a need of fixing....everywhere. Being a single mom becomes hard at times. Having to do so much on my own. There are times I really want to give up my house because I got a house that was shabbily repaired. ( To look at it, you really wouldn't see too much wrong. It's just as time goes on, that's when you see what's really going on with it!) Anyway, I was ranting to God about everything this morning on my way to work. I asked Him to help me get a grip because I was 'unable' (I refuse to say I can't anymore), to do it on my own. I had to keep asking this in the middle of my ranting. He heard my cry! In the middle of it all, I said "Why am I focused on what I don't have?"  Now we all know that really wasn't me. It was Him asking me. I needed to start focusing on what I did have.
So I started reciting what I was thankful for. Thankful for my job, my house....(oh that was a trying one to say thanks for....evey part of me wanted to say something negative, but He wouldn't allow it), my children and their health, my health......
Well, that got me to stop my ranting. Ok so my house needs fixing, make a list and get a plan. Ok, so I don't have a man, just be patient, maybe He feels its not time yet. Ok so I haven't been clothes shopping in awhile, at least you have clothes! I was good by the time I got to work.
I have got to get a grip on observing what others have and what I don't have. God knows what I need and when I need it. So I just need to be grateful for what I have and rest assured that He will supply all my needs. ( And some wants too!)  I just need to keep focusing on Him, doing what I am supposed to be doing and not be worried about anything else. Of course, a couple of scriptures come to mind and I will continue to say them when the enemy pokes its ugly head out.

Philippians 4:6-7 "6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:19 "19But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

God is so good!
God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your post here, and your very kind comments to me. Helps a lot. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete