Monday, April 12, 2010

What a day!

I still am not used to how one minute things seem to be ok, then the next.....uugghhh!!!! Had a great weekend. Church was great. Got my personal message from Him. Then spent time with family. Loved it. Truly loved it. Since the changing of my position at work, I am ok on Monday mornings. Work was busy enough for the day to go by quickly. My children are not with me on the weekends, they usually go with their dad. well last weekend he went to LA so the boys stayed with me. No usual weekend break. A little tiring and since their dad seems to spent alot of money on them on the weekend, they thought I would be doing this too. No. Not happening. Some kids these days are not like we were when we were younger. Instead of picking up a book to entertain themselves, it's either video games or 'spend some money on me to make me happy'....Ok so a little frustration has set in.

The boys report card came in over the weekend and I am not pleased at all with my oldest son's grades. 3 F's. And all he keeps saying is he knows what he needs to do to bring the grades up. Well if you were doing what you were supposed to in the beginning, you wouldn't have to get to this point. I have come to a point where I am just about giving up regarding my oldest and his responsibility with anything. I am tired. I can't keep trying to explain it to him because he probably now looks at it like nagging. I'm tired of talking about it. It's not that I want perfect children but I'd like him to at least make more of an effort at responsibility since he is 14 yrs old. But I am stressing myself out about it.

Well, I had to sit back and relax myself. And a scripture my cousin sent to me came to mind......Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Well, how could she have known I was going to need that? She didn't, He did. Everything that has been frustrating me is only temporary. He knows what is needed and when it is needed. I just have to keep leaning on Him. Because He knows I am not strong enough to fix any of this on my own. Keep pushing towards Him. I can't lose with God. No matter how things may seem, I can not lose with God!

God Bless 

No comments:

Post a Comment