Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Giving up a spirit

Matthew 27:50-51 "50And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.  51At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split."

 This scripture came to mind today. My thoughts are that we have all types of spirits in us. Some good, some bad. There are things in our lives that we want to give up and struggle to do so. We get to a point where we get so tired of our struggle to give it up. At a particular moment today, I finally gave up on something. I just gave up. All I could think was "It is finished" which led to that particular scripture speaking of Jesus crying out and giving up His spirit. Then of course we know what happened next.
Maybe I shouldn't have thought of that at that particular time, but sometimes I can not control what pops into my mind. But of course when it comes to scripture popping up, there is always a reason....isn't there?

Someone told me.... 'but when we yield up the ghost as Christ did.. when we say it's finished, then what we are giving up is the flesh.... it's the death of our flesh!!!'
No matter what the situation was that allowed that scripture to be thought of, it's a movement closer to God. Death of my flesh. Hmmmmm...... 
I don't know what else to say about it. Lord, keep changing me.

Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment