Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Light

John 3:19-21
19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

I was listening to the bible being read on-line today. This passage stuck out. It goes back to a conversation I had with someone. They are really getting into conspiracy theories of the government. There are a few people I know who seem to have turned to this. Of these people, they no longer go to church but claim to love God. But their life styles do not always reflect.....ok let me not say that. Can you profess to love God but not follow His commandments? According to the bible studies I have been doing, no. 
Anyway, I like to listen to what people say, however I am not prone to believe everything. At lest 2 of the people I have talked to made a point when they said we believe what we are told. Alot of us do not take the time to read and search out things for ourselves. So that leaves alot of us clueless. 

Which brings me back to the conversation I was having with someone. Alot of people don't want to know the truth. If you know the truth, then they can no longer do what they know is wrong without a conscience. So if they stay naive, they can't be blamed, can they? What a way to live.

Never am I judging because I am not perfect. I only strive to live the way God wants me to. Don't always get it correct, but at least now I no longer beat myself up for my mistakes. I saw this sign this morning, "God loves you. No matter what you do" I really needed to hear that. It told me He loved me no matter what. It was not a statement giving me permission to do the things He doesn't want me to do because He'll always love me. It just lets me know that even when I make a mistake, He won't toss me to the side like an old shoe. I take each day as it comes and each situation as it comes and pray that in the end He will tell me "Well done my good and faithful servant".  After all He is the way, the truth, and the life!

God Bless!


1 comment:

  1. This is so true. Many do not want to hear the truth. That would require for them to change and be forced to look at their sin. Good post dear one. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete