Monday, May 17, 2010

My help comes from.....

Friday was a tough day. There was some stuff weighing me down. The enemy was pushing and I felt like a boxer who was 'going down for the count!"
It wasn't even big issues. It was small things. But when small things come and many of them come at once from all sides.....it begins to feel like it is huge.

When we keep seeking God and strive to be filled with the Holy Spirit, things are going to come. For me, I try to prepare myself to handle those things that come. But sometimes they come in such unexpected ways, that I get knocked sideways a little. (Remember: " weebles wobble but they don't fall down?"...... yeah that's what I felt like)

 2 Corinthians 1:8-11 "We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many." 

Anyway, this morning my devotional was regarding 'The Affliction of Paul' It spoke about how some assume the problems those faced in the bible, are different from the ones we face today....Uhhhh, no. Though the culture in Paul's time was different, some of the issues remain the same...like temptation, hardship, sin.....
The enemy never changes. He will always try to keep us from doing God's will, in any way he can. Paul trusted God. How? Because he saw God have the victory in his trials. When we run out of strength in dealing with our issues, God has that supernatural strength that will see us through. With each and every situation I go through, I am learning more and more to not only lean on Jesus, but trust Him. Not necessarily to make the situation work out the way I want it to, but to give me the strength to deal with it while it's happening and be content in whatever the outcome.

Philippians 4:19"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

The following was part of the devotional that I wanted to share.....

"God's strength is available to all believers who confess their weakness and inadequacy. Sometimes a troubled soul has only enough stamina left to admit 'Father, I absolutely cannot. If You don't, it is simply not going to happen.' In effect, we throw ourselves upon God and wait for Him to keep His promise" 


God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment