Friday, May 21, 2010

My anchor

Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the LORD, your God,  who takes hold of your right hand   and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

Everytime we get into some sort of situation or have an issue, we always seem to think that we can find a way to solve it on our own. How many times do we have to go through before we truly understand that we can't? Our strength in any situation is God. We are to have faith that God can and will see us through.

He tells us not to worry and not to fear. But what do we do? We panic and try everyway possible to get out of our situation. That's the trick of the enemy. Fear. Fear of the situation, fear of the the outcome. So instead of keeping our eyes on God, we put them on the situation. Once we do that, the enemy works even harder on us. Making us worry and doubt. Our human nature (flesh), starts to figure out ways to solve our problems or we look to others (friends or family) to give us the solution.

Thank goodness we have an awesome God who is there for us. He is our shelter in the time of a storm. He is our rock. Isaish 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you;do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
If we keep our focus on Him, especially in the midst of our situations, we can get through anything. Through His promises and through the observance of how he has help us in past situations, our faith should become stronger and stronger each time.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment