Monday, June 14, 2010

Thirsty....and now I am satisfied!

We as people can never really be satisfied, can we? We buy this and are amused with it for awhile then get bored. People get into relationships with others and after awhile, get tired and start looking for someone new. A new job, a new toy, a new hobby......it's all exciting when it's new, but in the end people get tired of their things and seek out something which they think is more exciting....only to wind up being tired of that too.

Yes as I heard in a sermon "Just like Mick Jagger says...I can't get no, satisfaction"
This theme of thirst has been so prevalent to me lately. It pops up everywhere I turn. Why? Because that's how I am feeling....thirsty! However, it's not for a new job, a new toy, or a new hobby. It's for Jesus! I have been praying everyday for the Lord to make me thirsty and wouldn't you know it......He's blessing me. This prayer has caused me to increasingly enjoy the sermons I hear, the music, and to really enjoy the bible more than I ever have before.......it's a wonderful thing.

Funny thing is....( I got joy, joy, joy, down in my heart) sorry I felt it and had to say it.......unlike worldly things, I am being satisfied! He is filling me which in turn is making me seek Him more. He's changing me, He's opening my eyes to so many things. Unlike worldly things, I am not tired of Him and looking for another god......He's all I need. He's my everything. Without Him I am nothing.

John 4:13-14 "Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."

Amen....Amen...Amen!!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment