Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Roaming charges.....

1 Peter 5:8-9 "8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. "

Well, when it comes on my mind, there is a need for it. This verse came to mind as I was listening to a sermon. Here's the part of the sermon where it came from:

"There are women who have been violated, held down, and taken advantage of from someone who is weak. The reason why they are weak is they want to dominate their (the woman's) strength. They try to take control of one thing because the rest of their life is out of order..........(if I could have shouted Amen at the top of my lungs, I would have....AMEN)....Don't let anyone have so much authority over your life that they begin to block you from growing, developing, and having happiness!!!"

Man oh man was I seriously preventing myself from jumping out of my seat! That's when the above bible verse came to mind. The enemy is so bent on stealing from us and will use anyone and anything possible to do it. Things, people.....you name it. But when the enemy is on you.....call on the name Jesus.....Philippians 2:10 "that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth".....YES....thank you Jesus!!!

Why roaming charges?
Roaming: the enemy
Charges: JESUS....get behind thee satan!!! I have the Lord on my side.....Because He is at my right hand, I will not be moved!!! (From Psalm 16!)

Be Blessed! (cause I sure am!!)  :-)

 

3 comments:

  1. Sister Alissa LynneJune 16, 2010 at 1:21 PM

    Praise the Lord - I love the title!LOL Last night I had the privledge of sharing my life story from a complete stranger and she was amazed at the ease of delivering my story to her, and I had to let her know that I am free from the past - the pain and the hurt...I pray that more sisters and brothers come to be free too and move forward in the Lord. Great blog sis...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis. Freedom is one of the best things to have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Brother,

    Greetings

    I am from Pakistan. I have studied your web site, and have found it to
    be one of many wonderful sites offered on the internet which gets to the
    Truth of the Word of God. As is the case with others whom I have
    contacted, you have created material which is full of knowledge
    concerning development of religious faith. Living in Pakistan, we
    Christians face many obstacles in getting access to God's Word. Most
    people in Pakistan speak Urdu, and are not capable of understanding the
    English language. Because of limited access in our native tongue, my
    people have a true hunger for fresh Christian Perspectives.

    Proficient in both English and my native languages, I would like to
    offer my services as a translator to you. Presenting your material in
    both Urdu and Punjabi would be a true blessing to the Pakistani and
    Indian people. For a nominal fee, I will enable you to bring the message
    of Salvation to a most deserving people.
    Blessing you in advance for your consideration,


    In Him,

    Mehwish



    Email: mehwishtts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete